Not registered? click here



RESEARCHES & UPDATES
STANDBY
befriend a car
Car's friends: 0

Please accept statistics and marketing cookies to view this content.



from the same collection
Chassis no. B24S1281 - Engine no. 1403
Coachbuilder: Pinin Farina
Categories: F- Cars owned by the famous; L- Limited edition cars (no. 150 manufactured)
Owner: Collezione Camozzi
One of 150 built and officially called America.
work in progress exhibitions lab

description
Lancia’s first post-war car, the revolutionary Aurelia, appeared in 1950. Its combination of the first production V6 engine, a 60° design developed by Francesco de Virgilio, with a balanced transaxle gearbox and inboard rear brakes were revelations in post-war Europe.
The fourth series of Aurelias introduced the new de Dion tube rear suspension. The engine was changed from white metal bearings to shell bearings. The fourth series cars were the first Aurelias to be available in left-hand drive and were the first ones to be imported to the US in any number.

An open car, the B24 Spider, was introduced at this time (1954 to 1955) and was well received. It was similar to the B20 coupé mechanically, fitted with the narrow V6 2.5-liter engine, with an 8 inch (203 mm) shorter wheelbase than the coupé. One of Pinin Farina’s masterpieces, the Lancia B24 Spider was first shown at the 1955 Brussels Motor Show. The Spider America (240 units built) was further improved upon during production, resulting in the B24 Convertible.

In July 1956, Lancia began offering a revised version of the B24S built on the fifth-series Aurelia GT platform, which featured modified camshafts, non-detachable cylinder liners, a new clutch, and direct drive top gear. The new car also featured revised bodywork by replacing the panoramic windscreen with roll-down windows and opening the front quarter lights, a durable soft-top could be added. A one-piece chrome bumper replaced the split-bumper, and the convertible was given larger doors with exterior and interior handles. The convertible is largely considered to be more practical.

The 'S' stood for 'sinistra' - Italian for 'left'.
The second series of this open car, was officially called B24S Convertibile America, only 150 examples of the new B24S were produced before a final revision was enacted in 1957 on the sixth-series Aurelia GT chassis. The 'America' designation indicated the company's intention to market the car to the United States. The latest series of the model lost the “America” officially designation and was called B24S Convertibile. 371 cars were built.

This is one of the 150 B24S Convertibile America and it was owned by Cav. Attilio Camozzi, an Italian Industrial and former Museo della Mille Miglia President.
videos
No videos
documents & certificates
clubs & registers
No clubs & registers
history - owners & events
9th May 1996 - 12th May 1996
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 139
1st May 1997 - 4th May 1997
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 237
6th May 1999 - 9th May 1999
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 205
25th May 2000 - 27th May 2000
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 221
2nd May 2002 - 5th May 2002
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 197
22nd May 2003 - 25th May 2003
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 230
6th May 2004 - 9th May 2004
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
driver: G. Camozzi
co-driver: C. Churchman
entry number: 235
19th May 2005 - 22nd May 2005
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
driver: E. Camozzi
co-driver: C. Rabolli Pansera
entry number: 294
17th May 2007 - 20th May 2007
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
driver: E. Quaranta
co-driver: G. Camozzi
entry number: 236
14th May 2008 - 18th May 2008
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
driver: Giovanni Camozzii
co-driver: Anna Pilotelli
entry number: 339


links
No links
press review

 




err login
Privacy Policy