Not registered? click here

befriend a car
Car's friends: 0

Please accept statistics and marketing cookies to view this content.

Chassis no. B24S-1173 - Engine no. B241221
Coachbuilder: Pinin Farina
Owner: Private Collection
One of 181 left-hand drive B24S built, also called with the nickname 'the America'.
Lancia’s first post-war car, the revolutionary Aurelia, appeared in 1950. Its combination of the first production V6 engine, a 60° design developed by Francesco de Virgilio, with a balanced transaxle gearbox and inboard rear brakes were revelations in post-war Europe.
The fourth series of Aurelias introduced the new de Dion tube rear suspension. The engine was changed from white metal bearings to shell bearings. The fourth series cars were the first Aurelias to be available in left-hand drive and were the first ones to be imported to the US in any number.

An open car, the B24 Spider, was introduced at this time (1954 to 1955) and was well received. It was similar to the B20 coupé mechanically, fitted with the narrow V6 2.5-liter engine, with an 8 inch (203 mm) shorter wheelbase than the coupé.

One of Pinin Farina’s masterpieces, the Lancia B24 Spider was first shown at the 1955 Brussels Motor Show. Unusually clean lines enabled the Spider to achieve what was an exceptional performance for an open car of the period, being unencumbered by external door handles (there were internal pull-cords) and benefiting from a gracefully curved panoramic windshield, and the model's signature styling feature, the two-piece front and rear bumpers.

The 'S' stood for 'sinistra' - Italian for 'left'. The left-hand drive examples were called with the nickname “America”. Only 240 B24 spider were built: 59 right-hand drive and 181 left-hand drive.
The second series of this open car, was officially called B24S Convertibile America. 150 cars were built. The 'America' designation indicated the company's intention to market the car to the United States. The latest series of the model lost the “America” officially designation and was called B24S Convertibile. 371 cars were built.
This is one of the 181 B24S spider left-hand drive.
Please accept marketing cookies to view this video.
clubs & registers
No clubs & registers
history - owners & events
17th September 1993 - 15th June 2011
owner: Franco Mosconi | Switzerland
17th May 2012 - 20th May 2012
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 249
21st August 2015 - 23rd August 2015
Passione Engadina
| St. Moritz | Switzerland
entry number: 6
19th August 2016 - 21st August 2016
Passione Engadina
| St. Moritz | Switzerland
entry number: 7

No links


err login
Privacy Policy