Not registered? click here



RESEARCHES & UPDATES
STANDBY
befriend a car
Car's friends: 0

Please accept statistics and marketing cookies to view this content.



from the same collection
Chassis no. B24S-1076 - Engine no. B241102
Coachbuilder: Pinin Farina
Categories: L- Limited edition cars (no. 181 manufactured)
Owner: Bonomi Collection
One of 181 left-hand drive B24S built, also called with the nickname 'the America'.
description
Lancia’s first post-war car, the revolutionary Aurelia, appeared in 1950. Its combination of the first production V6 engine, a 60° design developed by Francesco de Virgilio, with a balanced transaxle gearbox and inboard rear brakes were revelations in post-war Europe.
The fourth series of Aurelias introduced the new de Dion tube rear suspension. The engine was changed from white metal bearings to shell bearings. The fourth series cars were the first Aurelias to be available in left-hand drive and were the first ones to be imported to the US in any number.

An open car, the B24 Spider, was introduced at this time (1954 to 1955) and was well received. It was similar to the B20 coupé mechanically, fitted with the narrow V6 2.5-liter engine, with an 8 inch (203 mm) shorter wheelbase than the coupé.

One of Pinin Farina’s masterpieces, the Lancia B24 Spider was first shown at the 1955 Brussels Motor Show. Unusually clean lines enabled the Spider to achieve what was an exceptional performance for an open car of the period, being unencumbered by external door handles (there were internal pull-cords) and benefiting from a gracefully curved panoramic windshield, and the model's signature styling feature, the two-piece front and rear bumpers.

The 'S' stood for 'sinistra' - Italian for 'left'. The left-hand drive examples were called with the nickname “America”. Only 240 B24 spider were built: 59 right-hand drive and 181 left-hand drive.
The second series of this open car, was officially called B24S Convertibile America. 150 cars were built. The 'America' designation indicated the company's intention to market the car to the United States. The latest series of the model lost the “America” officially designation and was called B24S Convertibile. 371 cars were built.
This is one of the 181 B24S spider left-hand drive.
videos
No videos
documents & certificates
clubs & registers
No clubs & registers
history - owners & events
13th May 1993 - 16th May 1993
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 187
1996
1000 Millas Sport Argentina
| Argentina
driver: Aldo Bonomi
co-driver: Giorgio Gigoni
1st May 1997 - 4th May 1997
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 195
14th May 1998 - 17th May 1998
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 161
6th May 1999 - 9th May 1999
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 262
25th May 2000 - 27th May 2000
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
entry number: 203
2nd May 2002 - 5th May 2002
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
co-driver: P. Sheppard
entry number: 166
22nd May 2003 - 25th May 2003
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
co-driver: P. Sheppart
entry number: 173
5th September 2015 - 6th September 2015
Città di Lumezzane Auto Storiche
| Lumezzane | Italy
driver: Aldo Bomomi
co-driver: Angelo Simoncelli
entry number: 106


links
No links
press review

 




err login
Privacy Policy