Not registered? click here



RESEARCHES & UPDATES
STANDBY
befriend a car
Car's friends: 0

Please accept statistics and marketing cookies to view this content.



Chassis no. 028051 - Engine no. 028051
Coachbuilder: Mariani
Categories: C- One-off models; E- Historic event cars; F- Cars owned by the famous; H- Works cars
Owner: Private Collection
It ran the 1951 Mille Miglia (#221 D'Angelo/Scarlati and the 1952 Targa Florio (#106 Guzzardella).
work in progress exhibitions lab

description
It's important to point out the name Fiat-Ermini depends of the new CSAI regulations requiring to register all cars, in this way prohibiting to call them with his own name, unless dealing a costly test on mechanical parts that composed the car.
This was the reason because until 1951 all cars realized in the Ermini workshop were registered with the name of Fiat-Ermini using the name of the famous Turin manufacturer who indirectly gave some mechanical parts. All the engines built by Ermini, including the model with the Fiat 1100 engine block, have a double overhead camshaft (DOHC). There have never been Erminis or "motorizzate" Ermini with a single overhead camshaft (SOHC).

In 1950 Ermini, encouraged by good results and the economic income, commissioned to Gilco in Milan a lowered tubular chassis with an oval section to make its cars more competitive.
In 1950 CSAI new rules imposed the use of 80 octane petrol thus undermining the competition of Cisitalia-Abarth and the Fiat-Stanguellini, which until the previous year had used special alcohol mixture to enhance their engines and now couldn't compete to the power of Fiat-Ermini engine. The results will come soon. By the end of the year six engines were sold and in 1951 three cars were built equipped by tubular Gilco chassis torpedo shape. Two of these were bodied by Motto Torino and the other was bodied by the Mariani workshop in Pistoia.

Chassis 028051 is the car bodied by Mariani, the only car with this shape. It is the 10th car built by Ermini.
1951, February 2 is the date of two invoices related to this car. Chassis invoice of the company Gilco Autotelai of Milano and engine invoice of the company Fiara of Firenze (Fiat Dealer).
It was owned until 1954 by Pasquino Ermini and raced the 1951 Mille Miglia by the couple D’Angelo/Scarlatti and 1952 Targa Florio with Giuseppe Guzzardella.
From 1953 to 1955 it ran at several Italian hillclimbs by Amerigo Pardini.
videos
No videos
clubs & registers
No clubs & registers
history - owners & events
29th April 1951
Mille Miglia
| Brescia - Roma - Brescia | Italy
co-driver: Giorgio Scarlatti
entry number: 221
29th June 1952
Targa Florio
| Palermo | Italy
driver: Giuseppe Guzzardella
entry number: 106
21st September 1952
Catania - Etna
| Catania | Italy
driver: Giuseppe Guzzardella
5th July 1953
Coppa della Consuma
| Firenze | Italy
driver: Amerigo Pardini
entry number: 116
20th September 1953
Salita del Castellaccio
| Livorno | Italy
driver: Amerigo Pardini
entry number: 72
4th July 1954
Bolzano - Mendola
| Bolzano | Italy
driver: Amerigo Pardini
18th July 1954
Coppa della Consuma
| Firenze | Italy
driver: Amerigo Pardini
entry number: 86
10th October 1954
Saline di Volterra - Volterra
| Volterra | Italy
driver: Amerigo Pardini
entry number: 64
24th October 1954
Firenze - Siena
| Firenze | Italy
driver: Amerigo Pardini
entry number: 136
6th May 1955 - 8th May 1955
Circuito di Gorizia
| Gorizia | Italy
driver: Amerigo Pardini
entry number: 36


links
No links

 




err login
Privacy Policy