Not registered? click here



RESEARCHES & UPDATES
STANDBY
befriend a car
Car's friends: 0

Please accept statistics and marketing cookies to view this content.



from the same collection
Chassis no. 0103S - Engine no. 0087S
Coachbuilder: Vignale
Categories: E- Historic event cars; F- Cars owned by the famous; L- Limited edition cars (no. 11 manufactured)
Owner: Museu do Caramulo (Portugal)
One of only 11 Vignale coupé. It raced the Campeonato de Arranque do Clube 100 á Hora in 1953.
description
The 195 Inter is a grand tourer produced by Ferrari during 1950 and 1951. Ferrari unveiled the 195 Inter in 1950 at the Paris motor Show, it was similar to the 166 Inter shown a year earlier and was aimed at the same affluent clientele. Like the last of the 166 Inters, the wheelbase has been enlarged from 2420 mm to 2500 mm, to increase cabin space. Like in the 166 Inter, the chassis frame was of the same basic tubular steel construction as that of the earlier model and featured independent front suspension via a transverse leaf spring, with a rigid axle and semi-elliptic leaf springs at the rear, and Houdaille lever shock absorbers all round.
The V12 engine was increased in capacity to 2431cc, by increasing the bore from 60 to 65 mm, though the 58.8 mm stroke was retained. A single Weber 36DCF carburettor was normally fitted, for a total output of 130 hp (96 kW) though some used triple carbs.
There was a 195 Sport model, which was built in the even chassis number competition car range. The more-potent Ferrari 212 Inter was introduced at the 1951 Paris show and replaced the 195.
Coachwork was custom, and 27 were built in less than a year: 11 coupé and one berlinetta were bodied by Vignale. All Vignale Ferrari's consist of very many body-panels that form themselves to the Ferrari-chassis that is underneath it. Almost all designs originate from Giovanni Michelotti and were built in aluminium. The designer Michelotti worked closely with Alfredo Vignale, one of the newest coachbuilders in Turin; the pair had worked together at Stabilimenti Farina.

Chassis 0103S was a new Ferrari imported by João Gaspar, the April 17, 1951, with NT-12-74 plate, and originally had a body with two shades of blue.
The first owner of this 195 Inter was José Cabral, who was at this time a regular car driver, but he used this only as a passenger car, which actually was. Later, Hermano Areias took it over and gave this Ferrari (this time already red) his only participation in competition, the Campeonato de Arranque do Clube 100 á Hora having been ranked 4th place in a disputed evidence on 8 March 1953 in Ceuta Avenue in Lisbon. Out of curiosity, behind three other Ferrari, the 225S chassis 0200ED Joaquim Filipe Nogueira, the 225S chassis 0180ET Jorge Seixas and the 166MM chassis 0040M Leão José Azavey Teixeira. The December 28, 1955, was purchased by playwright Luis de Sttau Monteiro, who was also racing car driver, although he never used the 0103S in competitions. All subsequent owners of this 195 Inter, Carlos Faustino e João Teixeira Vasconcelos, they gave him solely a tourist use. This Ferrari is currently the oldest in Portugal, and is since January 15, 1968 at the Museum of Caramulo, which boasts the original color.
videos
Please accept marketing cookies to view this video.
documents & certificates
clubs & registers
No clubs & registers
history - owners & events
8th March 1953
Campeonato de Arranque do Clube 100 à Hora
| Lisbon | Portugal
driver: Hermano Areias
7th June 1954 - 27th September 1954
owner: José Antonio Soares Cabral | Portugal
27th September 1954 - 28th December 1955
owner: Hermano Areias | Portugal
28th December 1955 - 1957
owner: Luis De Sttau Monteiro | Portugal
1957 - 23rd December 1959
owner: Carlos Faustino | Portugal
23rd December 1959 - 10th October 1967
owner: Joao José A. Teixeira Vasconcelos | Portugal
6th September 2013 - 8th September 2013
Caramulo Motorfestival
| Caramulo | Portugal
entry number: 703


links
No links

 




err login
Privacy Policy